Fear of missing out? Sorry. Make that FOMO: social-speak that captures the notion that emotion drives decisions. If you seek to quantify the connection – with attribution, predictive models, influence and root-cause analysis, and other good stuff – linked to action, impact, and justification rational or not – Sentiment Analysis Symposium speakers will tell you how.
A final reminder, so you don’t miss out –
The Sentiment Analysis Symposium takes place next week in New York. Attend the consumer-markets plenary day Tuesday June 27 or the workshop day June 28 – choose the Customer Journey or the Data Science workshop in the morning and the Text Analysis for Research & Insights or the NLP & Sentiment in Finance workshop in the afternoon – or join us for both days.
Since you’re reading this message, chances are you should be there. The symposium is the first & best conference covering opinion, emotion, and engagement signals in social, online, and enterprise data. Our audience is brands, agencies, analysts, and technologists. You?
Our speakers are not to be missed – covering technology and business applications – and the same goes for the networking and business opportunity.
- Howard Lax, ex-Kantar TNS, on Emotions, Memories and the Customer Experience
- Uber and Converseon on Measuring Emotions in Brand Health
- A Brand Value panel with FleishmanHillard, YouTube, and Mediabrands Society
- Verizon and US Bank on social listening and on social benchmarking
- Skye Morét from Periscopic on Visual Revelations of an Emotional President
- A Research & Insights Futures panel moderated by Ipsos SVP Trish Dorsey
- Nuance on AI-Powered Conversational Interfaces
- … and talks on emoji, machine learning, blockchain, review analysis, and more.
- Really cool presentations, ranging in coverage from Conversational Interfaces to Commercializing AI Research in the Data Science and Technology workshop
- Customer Journey workshop presentations on unconscious behaviors, image and speech analysis, and analytics, with a special Emotional Response talk by Dr. Carl Marci, Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience
- A Text Analytics workshop deep dive into Deep Text and Social Media Analysis; Luminoso CEO Catherine Havasi on Deep Learning and NLP for Consumers’ Complex Questions; and more
- A Finance workshop Trading Reality panel moderated by Bartt Kellermann, Battle of the Quants; a panel on Alternative Data: Signal & Noise moderated by Pierce Crosby, StockTwits; and Richard Peterson, MarketPsych, on Trading on Media Emotion; and more.
The symposium is about innovation, expertise, and technology, meeting business needs.
Who’ll be there (in addition to our wonderful speakers)? Attendees from Adidas, Chanel, Cisco, CNBC, Etsy, Google, Greenpeace, and Swarovski; from customer experience and social analytics providers Basis Technology, Brandswatch, Clarabridge, HP Enterprise, IBM, InMoment, LivePerson, Medallia, Oracle, SAS, ZappiStore, and Zignal Labs. I could go on, but you get the idea. Meet those companies — the CEOs, scientists, and consultants, not just the marketers — and representatives of leading agencies, brands, and tech companies.
Also exhibitors/sponsors: BPU/ZimGo, an Artificial Emotional Intelligence provider. CrowdFlower, joining human and machine intelligence. Text/social analytics provider Converseon and social-data provider Socialgist. Video emotion AI vendor Realeyes.
Visit sentimentsymposium.com for information and to register. Please join us.
See you in New York next week?
Seth Grimes, symposium chair
One thought on “Emotion drives buying decisions and logic justifies them… and other insights, June 27-28 in New York”
Awesome breakdown, sounds like a great symposium. For anyone interested in using text analysis for marketing, I would recommend checking out this course on Experfy! https://www.experfy.com/training/courses/marketing-analytics-text-analysis-recommendation-systems